Austin Mahone is an American singer and songwriter. He is currently signed to Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records and Republic Records.
Early life Edit
Austin was born on April 4, 1996, in San Antonio, Texas, the son of Michele Demyanovich and Carter Mahone. His father died when he was a year and a half old, and he was raised by his single mother. Mahone’s ethnicity is a mix of German, English, French, and Slovak. Most of his German and English ancestry is on his father’s side, although his maternal grandmother, is also of German descent. He attended Lady Bird Johnson High School but left after freshman year and homeschooled at his grandmother's house.
2010–2013: Extended Play Edit
Austin began his career by posting videos on YouTube in June 2010. More music videos followed, and by January 2011 he began to build an online following. In October 2011, Mahone posted a video covering Justin Bieber's "Mistletoe". On February 14, 2012, Mahone independently released his first single, "11:11", to iTunes. On June 4, 2012, he released his debut EP, Extended Play, in Japan only, with his second single, "Say Somethin'", being released worldwide the following day. On August 28, 2012, Mahone announced that he had been officially signed to Chase/Universal Republic Records. In November 2012, Mahone signed a deal to become the new "Teen Ambassador" for Lil Wayne's Trukfit fashion clothing line. He has filmed commercials for McDonald's and Hot Nuts, a Mexican snack. On December 3, 2012, Mahone released a song titled "Say You're Just A Friend" featuring rapper Flo Rida as a digital download. He later dropped the piano version of the song and revealed why he released the piano rendition of the song, explaining "I knew my fans love the original version, but I saw a lot of comments saying that they couldn't really hear my voice, so I wanted to reassure them that I can sing the song. I thought it'd be cool to not only have the original version but also the piano version and change it up."
2013-2014: The Secret Edit
In June 2013, Mahone released a song called "What About Love".
To view Austin's trivia, click here
Extended Plays Edit
To view Austin's image gallery, click here
- ↑ Austin Harris Mahone
- ↑ Details - Could Austin Mahone Be Bigger Than Bieber?
- ↑ EveryJoe - Why You Need to Learn the Name Austin Mahone
- ↑ Hollywood Life - Austin Mahone
- ↑ WOAI: San Antonio News - Interview: San Antonio teen heartthrob is a Youtube sensation
- ↑ WSJ - The Boys Who Would Be Bieber
- ↑ Billboard - 'Baby Bieber' YouTube Star Austin Mahone Signs to Universal Republic
- ↑ Popdust - Hey, Mr. Carter: Austin Mahone Teams Up with Lil Wayne on Trukfit Fashion Line
- ↑ Cambio - Austin Mahone's New McDonald's Commercial
- ↑ MTV - NEW SONG: AUSTIN MAHONE FEATURING FLO RIDA, 'SAY YOU'RE JUST A FRIEND'
- ↑ Twist - TWIST Exclusive: Austin Mahone Reveals Why He Released The Piano Version of "Say You're Just a Friend"!